|Throw stuff in a saucepan, what else?|
Thankfully, as a human on this planet, I am well aware that chocolate and peanut butter often go well together.
Yes. I made Reese's popcorn. And it was just as amazing as you're thinking it might have been.
|I couldn't get a picture without hands!|
It's not crazy sweet, just enough to make this stuff almost impossible to stop eating. The coconut oil definitely adds a flavour, but it works beautifully with the peanut butter and chocolate. I might try butter next time, though. Or just more peanut butter! In our house, I can't go wrong with more peanut butter.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
6 cups popped popcorn (you can do this in the microwave, just make sure it's plain)
1tbsp coconut oil or butter
2tbsp peanut butter
1/8-1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the honey, oil (or butter), peanut butter and chocolate chips till smooth.
3. Put the popcorn in a large bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the popcorn, tossing gently to coat.
4. Spread the popcorn out on the baking sheets. Bake for 5 mins, remove from oven and stir. Repeat until the popcorn is almost dry.
5. Allow to cool completely before eating.
6. Store in an airtight container, should you have any left over.